1) Prevent Further Damage: You must take all reasonable means to protect your vehicle from further damage. Example: Warning lights illuminated in the dashboard indicate that you should pull over and stop operating your vehicle immediately. If your vehicle is disabled or if it is unsafe to drive, please call for towing assistance. The contract will not cover additional damage caused by your failure to prevent further damage.
2) Provide the repair facility with a copy of your contract or your wallet card.
3) Have repair facility contact the claims department before doing any work on the vehicle.
4) You may have to authorize the repair facility to complete the necessary diagnostic work to accurately diagnose the cause of your vehicle’s breakdown and provide a complete estimate for the repair. In a typical claim situation these diagnostic charges will be covered along with the covered repair. However, you will be responsible for these charges if the breakdown is not covered under this contract.
5) Before any repair is made, instruct your repair facility to contact the claims department to obtain prior authorization for the claim. The amount authorized by the claims department is the maximum amount that will be paid for repairs covered under the contract. Any additional amounts must receive prior authorization.
6) Authorize the Repair: You must not authorize repairs until we verify that the breakdown is covered under this contract and issue an authorization number to the repair facility. Even though we authorize payment for the repair you must authorize the repair to be completed.
7) We will pay the repair facility the authorized amount. You must pay the repair facility your deductible and any charges not included in the authorized amount.
8) Repair Facility Must Submit for Payment: To obtain payment for a covered breakdown, repair facility must submit a legible copy of the repair invoice to the claims department. Repair invoices must include the following: authorization number, authorized amount, your name, address, phone number and signature; repair facility name, address, and phone number; Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), vehicle mileage and repair date; your description of the breakdown and the repair facility’s description of the diagnosis and repair; part numbers, part descriptions and prices; labor hours, labor descriptions, labor rate; and the total amount requested for payment.
See your contract for complete claims procedure and details.